- 1 Microcells #02 Week – “We are the Lab” | 25 – 31 January 2012
- 2 MobileKitchenLab Workshop | 28 – 30 January 2012
- 3 Detailed Workshop Schedule
- 4 Topics
- 5 Open Kitchen Discussions
- 6 Print Material
- 7 produced/supported by
Microcells #02 Week – “We are the Lab” | 25 – 31 January 2012
Presentations, discussions, HONFablab introduction and closing party… See complete details on the HONF website
Lecture series: Hackteria, BioHacking and FoodHacking
Fri 27 Jan, 14h, UKDW, Yogyakarta
With Dr. Marc Dusseiller, Dr. Denisa Kera
Prelude to the “Mobile KitchenLab Workshop – Hacking Angkringan”
Presentation/Discussion : DIWO, Citizen Science and Hacktivism in Art and Design / Science and Technology
Mon 30 Jan, 11h, ISI, Yogyakarta
With Dr. Marc Dusseiller, Dr. Denisa Kera, HONF
MobileKitchenLab Workshop | 28 – 30 January 2012
- Marc Dusseiller aka dusjagr (CH) – dusjagr labs / hackteria
- Denisa Kera (CZ/SG)
- HONFablab Team (ID)
The workshop will be hold in the new HONFablab Jalan Taman Siswa no 59 Yogyakarta
some text here...
Detailed Workshop Schedule
MOBILE FOOD CULTURE
Mobile food culture from a design perspective. Existing forms of mobile food culture in different countries? New forms of mobile food interaction? Relation between mobility & plurality of food? What is a good push cart? What is bad? Push Cart Pop-Demographic: Which trucks, carts and food is popular where and why? The design of the trucks: Who does that? What it expresses? City as an organism in which mobile food trucks function as some energy delivery mechanisms? What holistic, larger functions these mobile trucks serve? Bringing diversity, connecting city & parts over taste? Tuning streets into restaurants? Forms of picnicking? Public, political function? Context: Kaki Lima, Push food carts, Compact walking restaurants, Pikulans Predecessors of the trendy food trucks in US http://mashable.com/2011/08/04/food-truck-history-infographic/ Revival of a mobile food culture in the west? Street food in Indonesia is more evolved, very plural, rich http://indonesianfoodculinary.blogspot.com/2009/06/indonesian-street-food-stall.html
Design Ethnography, Observation, Interview, Brainstorming, Critical Design Probes
- use ethnography to understand user needs and new requirement
- brainstorming to generate new design ideas and scenarios
- critical design probes and prototyping to define new problems and questions
Where is it used? Why is important? Intro into design methods. Go to the streets. Take picture, observe, do small interviews.
1) Take pictures:
- types of push carts
- customers, context
- interaction with various push carts (preparing, selling etc.)
What is typical? What is unexpected, different?
- how the push carts interact with other cars, stores, other objects?
- interact between them?
- type of food?
- time of the day?
- relation to decoration, sounds?
- how many people?
- typical routes?
- special meaning of the decoration, routes?
- how are push carts treated in the traffic?
- where does a food truck sleep?
- interesting anecdotes, stories?
4) Bring materials back & brainstorm:
- new user needs, requirements?
- opportunities for design intervention?
- unexpected behaviour, situation, use?
Geolocation project with mobile food?
Food with memory?
Special cuisine based on the location the food travels?
Food as a medium of stories?
Describe and document new scenario of use.
Identify some local problems & practices.
MOLECULAR MOBILE GASTRONOMY
Bahasa word for this?
Molecular gastronomy techniques & relation to local practices
Spherification would be an easy one: JAMU?
Think about which technique would be easily performed in a push cart?
- try some of the protocols on local food.
- figure out how to use local equipment for these posh techniques
- how to turn local cooking technique into “posh” & science protocols
Micro - Surveillance & Food
Hygiene & Food
Camera & Food
May 2011 workshop in Prague
HotKarotka project (HotDog = HotCarrot)
ANGKRINGAN HACKING -> DIWO LAB-ON-THE-STREETS
Generic Lab Infrastructure
- Sound System !
- DIY Microscope
- clean hood
- hot plate
- algae photo-bioreactor
- incubator in blek krupuk
- laser projector
Open Kitchen Discussions
Labels colour, density, dispersion, education, fruit, gel, molecular gastronomy, recipe
cooking as alchemy
download poster File:Biohackers final large.pdf